ONE POT WONDER-SUPER EASY LAMB MASALA RecipePrep: 8 min Cook: 30 min Servings: 4by Renu Guru167 recipes>
Indian cooking need not be tedious or overly hot and spicy.Many of Indian curries can be made in a manner that is less time consuming yet retaining that lovely Indian taste all the way through.This dish is one such.I have had this dish made with chicken but when I made this with lamb for the 1st time,It turned out equally delicious and it was all gone within minutes of it being on the table.You could use the same method and masala gravy and make it with meat of your choice and preference.
- 8 lamb shanks
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp fennel seeds
- 2 tbsp curry masala powder
- 1 tsp paprika powder( I used Kashmiri chilli powder)
- 1 can chopped tomatoes
- 2 cups fresh grated coconut(you could also use shredded coconut,just soak it in warm water for 20 mins)
- 3 cloves garlic,crushed
- 2 small bits of ginger
- 1 bunch cilantro
- salt to taste
- 2 pinches sugar
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- First marinate lamb shanks with salt and keep aside till you do the other preparations.
- In a blender,blend all the other ingredients to a smooth paste.Set aside.
- Heat oil in a thick non stick pan and add both cumin and fennel seeds.When they start to crackle,add the marinated lamb.Saute for 5 mins on med heat.It will become light golden in color.Then add 1/4 cup water,cover and cook the lamb for another 5 mins on low.
- Add the ground paste to the pan and stir it all through to coat the pieces.
- Add enough water,cover and cook till the lamb is all done and oil starts to leave the sides of the pan.Add more or less water depending on how thick or thin you want your gravy to be.
- Serve it with hot steaming basmati rice,papad and cucumber and onion slices. Yummmm!!
Leave a review or comment