Olive Sauce (For A Little Fish With Polenta)
- 1 whl Little fish rubbed with oil,
- and seasoned with see * Note
- 2 Tbsp. Extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 c. Chopped onions
- 3 c. Peeled, seeded, minced Italian plum
- 2 Tbsp. Chopped garlic
- 8 x Anchovy fillets pasted
- 1/2 c. Spanish olives
- 1/2 c. Imported black olives
- 1/2 c. White wine
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-grnd black pepper to taste
- 1 c. Soft polenta hot
- 2 Tbsp. Chiffonade of basil
- 1 Tbsp. Brunoise red peppers
- Preheat the grill. Score the fish and grill till cooked through.
- In a saute/fry pan, heat the extra virgin olive oil. When the oil is warm, saute/fry the onions till wilted, about 1 minute. Stir in the tomatoes and continue to saute/fry for 2 min. Add in the garlic and saute/fry for 1 minute. Add in the anchovies, olives and white wine. Season with salt and black pepper. Bring the sauce up to a simmer and remove from the heat. Pour the sauce into a blender and puree till smooth. Check the seasonings.
- Mound the polenta in the center of the platter. Lay the fish on top of the polenta. Spoon the sauce over the fish and around the rim. Garnish with basil and peppers.
- This recipe serves 1 and yields about 3 c. of sauce.
Leave a review or comment