Old Fashioned Bread Pudding
- 4 c. Bread cubes, (about 7 slices day-old bread)
- 1 1/2 c. Lowfat milk
- 1/4 c. Butter or possibly margarine
- 1/2 c. Sugar
- 2 x Large eggs, slightly beaten
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Cinnamon or possibly nutmeg
- 1/2 c. Golden brown seedless raisins
- With your crock-pot) This one is kinda old-has bright orange and olive green ones on the cover!
- Slice bread into 1/2 inch cubes, including crusts for texture. (If bread is fresh, allow cubes to dry 2 to 4 hrs, uncovered). Scald lowfat milk with butter.
- Add in with all other ingredients to bread cubes and stir lightly. Pour into greased Bread 'n Cake pan and cover. Pour 1 l/2 c. water into CROCK-POT for steaming. Place pan in covered CROCK-POT and steam on High 3 to 4 hrs. Pudding is ''set'' when knife comes out clean . Let cold about 10 min before removing from pan. Place on serving bowl, browned side up. Serve hot with butterscotch sauce or possibly cream.
Leave a review or comment