Old Fashioned Banana Streusel Cake
- 1 c. diet margarine Divided, *Note Fleischmann's Ff Margarine Spread
- 2 c. Sugar Divided, **Note
- 2 1/4 c. Cake Flour Divided
- 1/2 c. Grape-Nuts
- 4 Tbsp. Light Brown Sugar Divided, ***Note
- 1/2 c. Egg Beaters 99% Egg Substitute
- 2 tsp Vanilla
- 1/3 c. Lowfat Buttermilk
- 3 lrg Bananas 1 1/2 C Pureed
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Baking Pwdr
- 1/2 tsp salt Divided, Optional Lite Salt
- *NOTE: Original recipe uses Promise Ultra Fat-Free margarine
- **NOTE: Original recipe also states Or possibly you can use 1 C sugar + 12 packetsSweet 'N Low
- ***NOTE: Original recipe also states Or possibly 2 Tablespoons brown sugar + 1/2 tsp Sweet 'N Low
- Preheat oven to 350 deg F. Spray a square 9" pan with nonfat cooking spray.
- For streusel, blend 1/4 C fatfree margarine, 2 Tablespoons brown sugar, 3/4 C sugar, 1/2 C Grape-Nuts Cereal, 1/2 C flour, and 1/4 tsp lite salt till it is justmoistened. Set aside.
- For cake use mixer to cream 1 1/4 C sugar, plus 2 Tablespoons brown sugar, vanilla and 3/4 C fatfree margarine till smooth. Add in Egg Beaters and mix well (about 3minutes). Add in buttermilk and bananas. Mix well to combine. Sift 1 3/4 C flour, baking pwdr, baking soda, and 1/4 tsp lite salt. Add in gradually tobatter, mixing till smooth. Transfer batter to prepared pan. Smooth surface with spatula. Sprinkle reserved streusel proportionately over the surface.
- Bake till medium brown and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, about 35 - 45 min. Let cold 30 min before serving.
- Yield: Serves 16
- This is incredible!! The streusel topping is quite sticky so I couldn't sprinkle it over the top... I just dropped it in small blobs on top.
- According to book:All sugar version:Using 1/2 Sweet 'N Low:
Leave a review or comment