Old Fashioned Apple PiePrep: 12 min Cook: 30 min Servings: 8by "Cheffie Cooks"518 recipes>
Truly an all time favorite; Tradition with a twist-you'll love it. Add some ice cream and its just perfect. Serve warm.
- 9" Deep Dish frozen Pie Crust
- 8 Apples (Of you Choice)
- one tablespoon Cinnamon
- Dash of allspice
- a few dashes of nutmeg
- 1/2 cup Pure Apple Juice
- Pre Heat Oven 400 F pop in thawed pie crust (prick bottom a few times with a fork) bake 6 minutes, remove from oven.
- In a saute pan add apple juice and peeled and sliced apples, cinnamon, allspice, nutmeg cook until apples are just tender
- Transfer into pie shell, I make a quick dough for the top that I then slit and peel back to expose center of the pie (after filling)
- Reduce Oven Temp to 350 F and using a non stick baking sheet pan
- add filled pie in the center and bake @ 350 F for 30 minutes
- Slice and serve with some vanilla ice cream
Leave a review or comment