Oklahoma BrisketPrep: 30 min Cook: 3 1/2 hours Servings: 16by Robert Long20 recipes>
A great tender brisket different from smoked brisket
- 1 brisket with fat and suet attached. Cryovac packed it great.
- 1 bottle of fine beer
- 2 cups apple cider or apple juice if out of season for cider.
- 1 cup of honey
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- Mix the honey and soy sauce and set aside.
- 1. Remove the hard suet from the meat but retain the fat.
- 2. Place fat side up. Season with salt and pepper
- 3. Pour apple cider or juice over the brisket and place in a covered roaster pan or large pan and cover tight with foil.
- 4. Place in a preheated oven 300 deg. Roast the brisket for 3 hrs. Do not open the door or remove the foil.
- 5. After the 3 hrs. remove the brisket and the foil and baste this roast with the honey mix and turn the oven to 500 degrees.
- 6. When the oven is up to 500 degrees, place the pan & roast in the oven, shut the door and roast 15 mins. Turn off oven and allow to bake for 20 to 30 mins.
Leave a review or comment