Octopus in redPrep: 30 min Cook: 90 min Servings: 3by Easy Cook - Laka kuharica490 recipes>
Mouth-watering meal full of Mediterranean flavors.
- 3 tbs olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small chili pepper, sliced
- 1 small green pepper, sliced
- 1 octopus, weighing about 1.4 kg, cleaned
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 tbs honey or sugar
- 3 cups fresh tomatoes, peeled, seeds removed or 400g canned chopped tomatoes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup parsley, chopped
- 2 tbs capers (optional)
- 1/3 cup fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 1 cup rocket salad
- Add the octopus to the pot of slightly salted, boiling water. Cook for 2 minutes, drain and let cool briefly.
- Cut the octopus into mouthful chunks, sauté in oil over medium heat for 3 minutes. Add garlic, continue sautéing. Add chili and green pepper, stir. Add wine and bring to boil. Reduce flame and simmer for several minutes.
- Add tomatoes, honey or sugar, mix, cover tightly and simmer on very low heat for 1 hour or hour and a half. Toward the end of cooking taste the octopus, if it is not completely soft, cook a little longer.
- Just before serving add parsley, basil and rocket.
- Serve with focaccia bread (with roasted garlic and rosemary with olives or tomatoes and Parmesan cheese).
Leave a review or comment