Oatmeal Cranberry BrûléePrep: 15 min Cook: 10 min Servings: 4by Culinary Envy188 recipes>
Oatmeal Cranberry Brûlée is golden amber colored caramelized sugar that cracks open to a tart cranberry layer resting atop cozy creamy oatmeal. Superb!
- 1½ cups whole milk
- 2 cups water
- 1½ cups quick-cooking (not instant) oatmeal
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ cup leftover cranberry sauce (or canned whole berry cranberry sauce) – divided
- 4 tablespoons raw sugar or sugar - divided
- Heat the milk and water in a medium saucepan until it starts to simmer.
- Add the oatmeal, cinnamon and salt. Bring to a boil, then lower the heat and simmer for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until thickened.
- Remove from the heat and divide between 4 ramekins.
- Place ⅛ cup cranberry sauce over the top of the oatmeal. When ready to serve, spoon 1 tablespoon sugar evenly over the top of the cranberry layer. Using a kitchen torch, carefully caramelize the sugar until amber brown (if you don’t have a torch, place the ramekins in the oven on highest rack and turn on the broiler to high. Broil for five to 10 minutes, watching very carefully and rotating them frequently so that they broil evenly. Take them out when they are golden brown and bubbling). Allow the brulee to sit for 5 minutes before serving.
Leave a review or comment