NOT Momofuku Ginger Scallion NoodlesPrep: 10 min Cook: 15 min Servings: 4by Lisa Michele3 recipes>
This is not Momofuku's famous Ginger Scallion Noodles, but my take on them using some extra flavors I was craving at the time. Easy and delicious!
- 1 large bunch of green onions, sliced
- 2 tablespoons of ginger finely minced
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1 tablespoon chopped shallots
- 1/3 cup grapeseed or other neutral oil
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seed oil
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon rice wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 crushed red chile pepper
- kosher salt to taste
- 1/2 to 3/4 lb (8 to 12 ounces - depending on your sauce to pasta ratio preference) fresh noodles of your choice
- 1. Heat up the grapeseed oil in a saucepan over high heat until the oil is shimmery and hot, but not smoking.
- 2. Add the green onions, ginger, garlic and shallots at once, but be careful, the oil will bubble and splatter. The onions will sizzle and wilt almost immediately and turn a bright green.
- 3. Take the pan off the heat and stir the sauce with a wooden spoon. Add the fish sauce, sesame seed oil, rice wine vinegar, soy sauce, honey, crushed red chile pepper and salt to taste.
- 4. Let sit for 15 minutes, then toss with your favorite noodles. I used fresh Chinese egg noodles.
Leave a review or comment