Noodle ricePrep: 15 min Cook: 30 min Servings: 5by Arturo Féliz-Camilo183 recipes>
One of my mom's favorite recipes. It has become a family tradition.
- ” 2 pounds of rice.
- ” 2 cups of water.
- ” 1 pound of noodles.
- ” 1 cube chicken broth.
- ” Oil.
- ” 2 spoonfuls of butter.
- ” 1 spoonful of garlic pasta.
- ” Salt.
- ” Saffron (Optional)
- Today I share one of my motherâs âgolden recipesâ. My wife (The sous chefâ) and my sister Alexandra love it: The noodle rice!
- I am not personally a fan of the noodle rice, but it cannot be denied that a good noodle rice cooked red beans is not a dish one would easily refuse.
- This recipe is for 5 people, but you can adjust for more or less people.
- The noodles are fried lightly in some oil and the butter. Once they take a golden color, the rest of the ingredients are added (not the rice) and when the water is boiling the rice is added. When the rice dries off, it is covered and it is left to cook at slow fire for half an hour. voila! Enjoy along some nice stewed red beans and a traditionally cooked stewed chicken.
- If you want to give a more alive and interesting color you can add some saffron, but that is completely optional.
Leave a review or comment