No-Cook Pizza SaucePrep: 5 min Servings: 3by Nick Webster5 recipes>
Never buy jarred pizza sauce again! It’s so easy to make it homemade, you’ll save money and have a sauce that is exactly the way you like it. I’m providing a great recipe here, but you can always adjust the seasonings to find your perfect blend. It’s easy to keep on hand for pizza-lovers, or if you enjoy pizza less frequently, it freezes perfectly in single servings. Visconti Passata di Pomodoro forms the base of the sauce. The anchovy paste can be removed, but I do recommend that you include it. You will not notice any “fishy” taste in the final sauce, but your pizza will have a deeper and richer flavor with it mixed in.
- 1 24oz jar Visconti Passata di Pomodoro
- 1 1/2 tsp anchovy paste (optional)
- 1 tsp minced garlic (from a jar is ok)
- 3/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp dried marjoram
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 3/4 tsp red pepper flakes (or to taste)
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- In a medium bowl, combine all ingredients and mix well. Let sit for at least 30 minutes in the refrigerator for flavors to combine, then use as desired.
- Tip: if you plan to use all of the sauce soon, funnel it back into the passata jar and use it within a week. If you want to save it for later, freeze small portions in a muffin tin; then, when frozen, put the single servings of sauce in a freezer bag for long-term storage.
Leave a review or comment