new england clam chowder
- 1/2 cup salad oil
- 1 cup minced garlic
- 2 1/2 lbs washed and diced small celery
- 2 1/2 lbs washed and diced small carrots
- 2 1/2 lbs washed, cored and diiced small onions
- 1/2 cup dry or fresh basil
- 1/2 cup dry oregano
- 1 cup dry thyme
- 1/2 cup salt
- 5 lbs cooked and diced potatoes
- 1 lb roux
- 5 lbs chopped clams
- 3 3/4 gallons clam juice
- In a steam kettle saute oil and garlic for about 2 minutes. Add diced vegetables and sautee for 10 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Add herbs and salt.
- Add clam stock and bring to a boil. Add potatoes and bring to a biol again.
- Add roux and chopped clams, reducce heat and simmer for 1 hour.
Leave a review or comment