New Boston Baked Beans With Applebutter
- 8 ounce dry navy or possibly great northern beans
- 8 c. water
- 1/2 c. minced onion
- 2 x turkey bacon slices cooked and crumbled
- 1 c. Apple Butter
- 1/2 tsp dry mustard
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- Rinse and drain beans. In large saucepan combine beans and 4 c. of the water. Bring to boil; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, 2 min; remove from heat. Cover and let stand 1 hour. Drain and rinse. In large saucepan combine beans and 4 c. fresh water. Bring to boil; reduce heat. Simmer covered, for about 1-1/4 hrs or possibly till beans are just tender, stirring occasionally. Drain. Transfer to 1-1/2 qt casserole or possibly bean pot. Add in onion and bacon. Stir in apple butter, mustard, salt and pepper. Bake covered, at 300F. for 2 hrs or possibly to desired consistency, stirring occasionally. Serve warm.
- Description: "Musselman's Apple Butter"
- NOTES : Suggestion: Instead of rapid-soak, soak the beans overnight. Combine ingredients in a 4qt crockpot. Cover and cook on low for 7 to 9 hrs.
Leave a review or comment