Nectarine and Peach Gratin with Cinnamon SabayonPrep: 20 min Cook: 15 min Servings: 6by Michele Grason16 recipes>
- 3 large peaches, halved, pitted, and each cut into 12 wedges
- 3 large nectarines, halved, pitted, and each cut into 8 wedges
- 1 cup (4 oz/125 g) blueberries
- 3/4 cup (6 oz/180 ml) sweet Muscat wine
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon minced orange zest
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a large bowl, toss together the peaches, nectarines, and blueberries. Divide the fruit evenly among six 1-cup (8-fl oz/250-ml) gratin dishes and place on a baking sheet. Preheat broiler (griller).
- Pour water to a depth of 3 inches (7.5 cm) into a saucepan and bring to a gentle simmer over medium-low heat.
- Meanwhile, in a heatproof bowl, wisk together the wine, honey, eggs, orange zest, and cinnamon. Place the bowl over (not touching) the barely simmering water in the pan. Whisk constantly until the egg mixture triples in volume and is thick and foamy, about 8 minutes. Remove from the heat and spoon over the fruit to cover completely.
- Broil (grill) about 4 inches (10 cm) from the heat source until golden, about 3 minutes. remove from the broiler and serve at once.
Leave a review or comment