Mussels VinaigrettePrep: 4 min Servings: 30by Evelyn Scott106 recipes>
Steamed mussels are dressed with a flavorful vinaigrette in this colorful tapa. It is an ideal treat for a party or any event with lots of people attending.
- 2 1/2 dozen mussels, scrubbed and beards removed
- Shredded lettuce
- 2 tbsp minced green onion
- 2 tbsp minced green pepper
- 2 tbsp minced red pepper
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp vinegar or lemon juice
- Dash of red pepper sauce
- Salt to taste
- Steam open the mussels. Put them in a deep pan with the water. Cover the pan and put over a high heat, shaking the pan,
- until the shells open. Remove from heat and discard any mussels that do not open.
- Mussels can also be opened in a microwave.
- Place them in a microwave-safe bowl, partially covered,
- and microwave at full power for one minute.
- Stir and microwave one minute more. Remove any mussels that have opened and microwave one minute more. Again remove open ones. Repeat twice more.
- Discard any mussels that have not opened.
- When cool enough to handle, remove and discard the empty shells. (Mussels can be cooked in advance and refrigerated.) Shortly before serving, arrange mussels on a bed of shredded lettuce on a serving platter. In a bowl combine the onion, green and red pepper, parsley, oil, and vinegar.
- Season with red pepper sauce and salt.
- Spoon the mixture into the mussels in their shells.
Leave a review or comment