Mushroom-Turkey RouladePrep: 10 min Cook: 75 min Servings: 10by Scott Koeneman2 recipes>
I loved how the stuffing came out. The herbs, the mushroom stuffing were incredibly flavorful and you could still get the flavor of the turkey through it. And, it was all very light, one serving was only 138 calories with 2 grams of fat and 2 of fiber.
- 1 tablespoon light butter
- 2 leeks, cleaned and sliced
- 1 stalk celery, sliced
- 1 carrot, peeled and sliced
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 2 teaspoons herbs de Provence
- 2 shallots, minced
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 2 cups toasted whole wheat bread crumbs
- 2-1/2 pound turkey breast half
- Salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- cranberry sauce
- Preheat oven to 375
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat. Add leeks, celery and carrots and saute for 3 minutes. Add mushrooms and cook until they are tender. Add shallots and herbs and cook for an additional two minutes. Add the stock and bring to a simmer. Season with salt and fresh ground pepper to taste.
- In a large bowl, add bread crumbs and and pour in mixture. Mix well and set aside to cool.
- Butterfly turkey breast and pound to an even thickness. Spoon the stuffing down the middle of the turkey, roll and tie with twine. Place in a baking dish, cover and bake 45 minutes to 1 hour, until thermometer reads 150F. Remove and allow to rest 10 minutes. Remove twine and slice. Serve with cranberry sauce.
Leave a review or comment