Mushroom, Bacon And Onion TartPrep: 15 min Cook: 15 min Servings: 6by Robyn Savoie381 recipes>
This appears to be more of a quiche than a tart. Whatever you wish to call it, it's delicious! Great to serve with a Sunday Brunch with friends and family.
- 1 Refrigerated Pie Crust or Homemade Pie Crust
- 6 Thick Slices Bacon
- 8 Oz. Pkg. White Button Mushrooms, Sliced (2 1/2 Cups)
- 1 Cup Red Onion, Sliced
- 8 Oz. Container Sour Cream
- 3/4 Tsp. Salt
- 3/4 Tsp. Dried Oregano
- 1/4 Tsp. Ground Black Pepper
- 4 Large Eggs
- Preheat oven to 425° F. Following package directions, place pie crust circle in a 10-inch tart pan or 9-inch pie plate; trim or flute edge. Bake until just golden, 5 to 7 minutes; cool slightly; set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook bacon until crisp, about 5 minutes. Remove to paper towels; crumble; set aside. Pour off bacon drippings from pan. Add mushrooms and onion; cook, stirring frequently, until mushroom liquid evaporates, 6 to 8 minutes; cool.
- In a large bowl beat until smooth sour cream, eggs, salt, oregano and black pepper. Pour over baked crust; top with cooled mushroom mixture; sprinkle with bacon.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 300°F; bake until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean, 5 to 7 minutes longer.
Leave a review or comment