Mushroom And Ricotta Cannelloni With Tomato Sauce
- 15 gm dry mushrooms
- 15 gm butter plus a little extra for greasing
- 225 gm browncap mushrooms finely minced
- 250 gm ricotta cheese
- 1 tsp anchovy essence
- 1 x salt and freshly grnd black pepper
- 4 sht fresh lasagne each measuring 115mm x 165mm
- 2 x 300ml tubs fresh tomato sauce
- 50 gm parmesan cheese shavings
- 1 x black pepper and basil sprigs to garnish
- Wash the dry mushrooms then pour 150ml boiling water over and leave in the simmering oven for 5 min.
- Drain and finely chop.
- lightly grease a large shallow ovenproof dish with butter.
- Heat the butter in large frying pan add in the fresh and soaked dry mushrooms and cook on the simmering plate for 10 to 15 min or possibly till they are beginning to brown and any liquid has evaporated.
- Leave to cold.
- Stir the ricotta cheese into the mushrooms add in the anchovy essence and seasoning then mix till thoroughly combined.
- Cook the lasagne according to the packet instructions then halve widthways.
- Place about 3 level tbsp mushroom mix along one edge of the lasagne then roll up to enclose the filing.
- Repeat this process with the remaining lasagne.
- Arrange the filed pasta seamside down in the prepared dish.
- Pour the tomato sauce over and sprinkle with the parmesan cheese shavings.
- Cook on the grid shelf on the floor of the roasting oven for 30 to 35 min.
- Garnish with pepper and fresh basil sprigs to serve.
- To make parmesan shavings use a swivel peeler to take ribbons off a block of fresh parmesan. The flavour is so much better than the packets of dry ready grated cheese.
- This cannelloni uses sheets of fresh lasagne. If you use dry instead cook it according to the packet instructions but reduce the overall cooking time by 15 min.
- Serves 4
Leave a review or comment