Mushroom and Fried Corn RicePrep: 5 min Cook: 30 min Servings: 4by Allison Loesch2 recipes>
My Mushroom and Fried Corn Rice is a side dish packed with flavor and full of the fall colors. It's a side dish my family treasures and request every year.
- 1 ½ cups long grain rice
- 1 can (15 ounce) Mexican Style whole kernel corn
- ½ stick butter
- ½ cup diced olives with pimientos
- 8 ounces whole white mushrooms
- 8 ounces sliced white mushrooms
- 8 ounces sliced portabella mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon Mrs. Dash Seasoning
- ½ teaspoon Cajun Seasoning
- 1 lemon sliced
- Bring to boil 1 Â½ quarts of water and add the sliced and whole white button mushrooms. Once they become tender drain and put aside. Fry the sliced portabella mushrooms drain and put aside. Add the rice to the boiling mushroom water and boil until tender (approximately 15-18 minutes) then put in a strainer to drain. While the rice is boiling, in a 12 inch skillet on high heat, add 1 tablespoon of butter and the can of drained corn. Stir until some carmelization appears on the corn and put aside. In another skillet the same size, add the mushrooms and season to taste with the Mrs. Dash and Cajun Seasoning; pan-frying to remove any excess moisture. Using a 1-gallon stockpot add the rice, olives, white mushrooms, corn and remaining butter and stir in a folding manner. Adjust the seasoning. Place the sliced portabella on a plate and top with the mushroom/corn/olive mixture. Squeeze lemon juice on the portabella mushroom slices as a garnish.
Leave a review or comment