Muffins with soya chunks and cheeseServings: 1by Tatjana Vukomanovic2 recipes>
This is amount for 12 muffins. Instead of making dough you can use refrigirated biscuits. It's easy meal, great for partys and other gatherings. I made vegetarian version, although original recipe is with meat. I hope you will like it!
- For dough:
- 110 ml warm milk
- 1 tsp sugar
- 2 tsp instant yeast or 40 g fresh yeast
- 500 g all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp salt
- 180 ml yogurt
- 1 egg
- For filling:
- 250 g dry soya chunks
- spices (I put some salt, pepper, grill spice or similar mixes)
- 100 ml olive oil
- 100 ml ketchup
- 1 tbsp mustard
- 12 slices of cheese
- 200 ml oil for frying
- Mix milk, sugar and yeast and let stand until yeast activates.
- In second bowl put flour, baking powder, salt, yogurt, egg and activated yeast. Mix well.
- Put dough in warm place for 10-15 minutes.
- Put soya chunks in boiled water and let it soak for 15 minutes.
- Strain chunks and squeeze it just little, they should still have water when you're done.
- In a bowl mix spices, chunks and olive oil.
- Let it marinade at least 30 min
- Put oil in frying pan, let it heat and fry filling 10-15 min, it should get light brown color.
- Mix with ketchup and mustard.
- Make 12 balls from dough and stretch each ball inside muffin mold, it should have large hole in the middle.
- Put as much filling as you can inside and bake muffins on 200 degrees Celsius until dough get light brown color.
- Put one cheese slice on each muffin and let it melt, I turn off oven and then return muffins in it for few minutes.
- Serve warm.
Leave a review or comment