Mrs. Sambol's Bacon Cheese Puff (Like Quiche)Cook: 40 min Servings: 8by Andra Kiser39 recipes>
When I visited a friend who had moved away, her mother made this for us one day and I fell in love with it. It has been a staple in my breakfast/brunch repertoire ever since (over 35 years). After all, what's not to love about bacon, tomatoes and cheese?
- 10 strips bacon, cut into 1-inch pieces and fried
- 1 container refrigerated crescent rolls
- 2 medium tomatoes, sliced
- 1/2 tsp each salt & pepper
- 5 slices cheese (I use either cheddar or pepper jack)
- 3 eggs, separated
- 3/4 C sour cream
- 1/2 C flour
- 1/2 tsp each salt & pepper (yes, again)
- Fry bacon until crisp and drain; line 9-inch pie pan with crescent dough. You may have to tear and piece it together to cover the pan completely. Sprinkle with bacon.
- Top bacon with tomato slices; sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Top with cheese.
- Beat egg whites until stiff. In large bowl, mix egg yolks, sour cream, flour, salt and pepper. Fold in egg whites.
- Pour onto pie. Sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake at 350 Fahrenheit for 35-40 minutes.
Leave a review or comment