Mother's Day is coming up this weekend, so it's time to decide how you want to show your Mom just how much you love and appreciate her for everything's she's done for you. But you may wonder exactly what gift you should give to her. If your Mom is a food lover, I've got six great Mother's Day gift ideas to share with you today. I've got you covered whether your Mom prefers a little something sweet...something savory and comforting that will save her a night in the kitchen...or even a sentimental, personalized gift she can use or display in her kitchen.I've truly got something for every Mom...and all can be shipped direct to Mom's front door this week! Let's get started!!
(1) Mrs. Prindables Gourmet Caramel Apples. Mrs. Prindables invented gourmet caramel apples three decades ago. Their decadent apples feature tart Granny Smith apples, homemade caramel, and a coating of premium chocolate! This year, Mrs. Prindables is offering a wide range of gourmet caramel apples -- single apples and gift sets -- for Mother's Day. For a great gift that contains a trio of sweet treats, the Happy Mother's Day Caramel Apple Gift Set is perfect! A collection of sweet goodies are packed in a pretty Mother's Day hat box...including a Triple Chocolate and a Milk Chocolate Walnut Petite Caramel Apple, a bag of Natural Caramels, and a duo of Milk Chocolate Pretzel Twists decorated with pink sugar. It's ideal when you can't decide on one item to give Mom! Prefer to gift Mom one large caramel apple? I suggest Mrs. Prindables White Chocolate Raspberry Hibiscus Sweet Spring Jumbo Caramel Apple! A large Granny Smith apple is hand-dipped in creamy small batch caramel, then rolled in tart dried raspberries and hibiscus. Finally, it's dipped in melted white chocolate and topped with even more raspberries and hibiscus. The White Chocolate Raspberry Hibiscus Sweet Spring Jumbo Caramel Apple comes embellished with a pretty pink ribbon, displayed inside of a clear display box. It essentially arrives ready to give! As an added bonus, Mrs. Prindables is giving readers of The Weekend Gourmet 20% off on purchases across their entire website! To redeem, enter WEEKEND20 at checkout!! (2) Ladurèe Antoinette Poisson Box of 12 Macarons. Not to be confused with coconut macaroon cookies, French macarons feature delicate exterior cookies made from egg whites and almonds that are sandwiched with flavorful fillings. My hands-down favorite macarons are made by Paris-based Ladurèe. This Spring, they're focusing on roses...and they're featuring a beautiful gift box designed in collaboration with the acclaimed artisanal wallpaper specialists A Paris chez Antoinette Poisson. This beautiful box features pink roses and vines...and contains a dozen delicious floral-forward macarons. Flavors included are Chefs choice and will include Seasonal Rose Cardamom, Rose Petal (my personal favorite!), Orange Blossom, Cherry Blossom, Lavender Chocolate, and Vanilla. Any Mom would love to receive this upscale gift...a little taste of Paris wherever she lives! This 12-macaron gift box retails for $41 plus shipping. To purchase this...and Ladurèe's entire Mother's Day collection, be sure to visit Goldbelly.
(3) UncommonGoods' Family Recipe Cutting Board. Most families have a cherished recipe that has sentimental value! UncommonGoods offers a Family Recipe Cutting Board that's an ideal Mother's Day gift! This 12x9 cherry wood cutting board features ingredients and instructions for any meaningful family recipe! Simply submit a photograph of a recipe card OR submit a typed recipe, and Washington-based artisan Ana Talukder etches it into the wooden cutting board using a font that resembles handwriting. It's a Mother's Day gift that can be used for years to come -- or simply displayed in her kitchen! Please note that there's not enough time for this customized cutting board to arrive before Mother's Day...but no worries! Go ahead and order the cutting board, then print out a notification card available at the UncommonGoods website. The card tells Mom that you've purchased the cutting board for her -- it even includes a picture -- and notifies her that a personalized cutting board is on the way. Problem solved!
(4) Cookies by Design Love for Mom Cookie Bouquet. Cookies by Design is the original cookie bouquet company -- so they're experts at creating beautiful bouquets of iced and decorated cookie bouquets! Their pink and green Love for Mom cookie bouquet features a trio of decorated heart cookies, cookies that spell out MOM, and a flower cookie that says Happy Mother's Day! The decorated sugar cookies are individually wrapped for plastic, placed on a stick, and arranged in a white wooden basket. Then, the entire bouquet is wrapped in cellophane and tied with a ribbon before shipment. Not only is this bouquet gorgeous, the cookies are tender and delicious! To order Love for Mom -- or any of Cookies by Design's Mother's Day arrangements -- visit the Mother's Day section of their online store! For procrastinators, Cookies by Design has earmarked specific Mother's Day designs -- including Love for Mom -- for same day delivery!
(5) Pike Place Chowder Mug & Chowder Gift Set. Not all mothers have a sweet tooth...so a thoughtful gift that saves Mom a night in the kitchen cooking dinner is especially appropriate! When we visited Pike Place Chowder in Seattle last month, we all fell in love with their creamy, award-winning clam chowder. I was so excited when I discovered that they can ship a chowder kit with a pair of logo chowder mugs! Pike Place Chowder's Mug & Chowder Gift includes a quart of their decadent clam chowder and two chowder mugs that come with a spoon attached -- so convenient! If this is the perfect gift for your Mom...act quickly! This gift set is $5o, which includes two-day shipping. Orders placed at the Pike Place Chowder website by this Wednesday (May 8th) will be shipped the same day. After that date, orders will ship after Mother's Day on Monday, May 13th.
(6) Chukar Cherries Mother's Day Gift Tower. Washington-based Chukar Cherries has one goal: to be the go-to source for Pacific Northwest foods and gifts from locally grown cherries and berries. They offer a wide range of plump dried cherries and berries -- and nuts too. Some are even covered in chocolate for an extra decadent treat! We tasted Chukar Cherries products during a food tour of Seattle's Pike Place Market, and we were immediately impressed with the flavor of their products. Chukar Cherries is offering Mother's Day gifts that brings the taste of the Pacific Northwest to mothers across the country! I'm spotlighting the Mother's Day Gift Tower, which includes two great items: (1) a tin of signature Chukar Chocolate Cherry Almond Biscotti -- perfect with tea or coffee -- and (2) a Chocolate Assortment with a variety of chocolate covered cherries and nuts. The Chocolate Assortment contains seven delicious items...and includes a handy "roadmap" so Mom can easily identify which Chukar Chocolates delight she's tasting!
Chukar Chocolates offers a wide range of Mother's Day gifts -- some include free shipping! For perishable items, Chukar Chocolate ships via Overnight or Two-Day Express...so be sure to order by this Wednesday (May 8th) to ensure delivery in time for Mother's Day gift giving. Disclosure: The manufacturers of the products shared in this article provided sample products to facilitate inclusion. I only recommend items that I have personally tried and enjoyed...and all opinions expressed are solely my own.