Moroccan Chicken With Preserved Lemons
- 2 Tbsp. Extra virgin olive oil
- 3 lb Chicken thighs,skinned/rinse
- 1 lrg minced onion
- 2 tsp Paprika
- 1 tsp Grnd ginger
- 1/2 tsp Grnd turmeric
- 1/2 tsp Pepper
- 1/2 c. Calamata olives (opt)
- 10 x Moroccan lemon quarters
- 1/4 c. Finely minced cilantro(opt)
- NOTE: For less sodium, use ripe olives instead of calamatas.
- Pour oil into a 10-12" frying pan over medium-high heat. Add in chicken and turn pcs often to brown on all sides, about 15 min. Lift out chicken; set aside.
- Remove all but 1 Tbsp. oil from pan. Add in onion; stir often over medium-high heat till tinged with brown, about 5 min. Stir in paprika, ginger, turmeric, and pepper. Add in 1 c. water, chicken, olives, 6 preserved lemon quarters, and 1 Tbsp. preserved lemon liquid.
- Cover pan and simmer, turning once, till meat is no longer pink at bone
- (cut to test) 20-25 min. Skim and throw away fat; transfer chicken and sauce to a wide bowl. Garnish chicken with remaining lemon wedges and cilantro.
Leave a review or comment