Moroccan Chicken With Couscous
- 4 x Chicken legs & thighs
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- 1 Tbsp. Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lrg Onion
- 1 lb Carrots in 1/2" slices
- 2 tsp Paprika
- 1 tsp Grnd ginger
- 1/4 tsp Tumeric
- 1/8 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 x Lemon, cut in 8 wedges, seed
- 1 c. Chicken broth
- 2 c. Chicken broth
- 1/2 c. Dry currants
- 1 tsp Salt, to taste (opt)
- 1/8 tsp Allspice
- 1 c. Quick-cooking couscous
- Chicken: 1. Skin and disjoint the chicken, season with the salt (if you like) and the pepper. Heat the oil in a large skillet, preferably one with a nonstick surface, and brown the chicken on both sides over medium-high heat. Remove chicken to a platter.
- 2. Reduce heat to medium-low, add in onions to skillet and sauce for about 3 min.
- 3. Add in the carrots and saute/fry for 2 min.
- 4. Add in the paprika, ginger, tumeric and cinnamon and cook the mix for 1 min, stirring it.
- 5. Return chicken and their juices to skillet, add in lemon wedges and broth. Bring the liquid to a boil, reduce the heat, cover, and simmer, turning chicken occasionally, for 30 min or possibly till it is cooked through. Couscous:
- 6. In a medium-size saucepan, combine the broth, currants, salt (ifdesired), and all spice, and bring to a boil.
- 7. Stir in the couscous, boil for 2 min, remove pan from heat, cover and let stand for 5 min or possibly till the liquid is absorbed.
- 8. Serve the chicken and carrots over the couscous, surrounded by the lemon wedges.
Leave a review or comment