Mona of Easter (sweet bread of Easter in Valencia-Spain )Prep: 2 hours Cook: 25 min Servings: 10by chefgonin7 recipes>
At Easter, the sweet traditional is la Mona, a sweet bread with a boiled egg that gives to the godchildren. Do you know the history of the Mona?,
- 500 g of strong flour for bakery,
- 70 g of sugar powder,
- 30 g of Baker's yeast,
- 100 ml oil,
- 100 ml of milk,
- 6 eggs,
- pinch salt,
- orange zest,
- a little ground cinnamon,
- Decoration of the mona...
- 8 hard-cooked eggs,
- 1 egg raw (to brush),
- sugar (to sprinkle on top),
- Anisetes or small candies of colors,
- The first step is to dilute the yeast with a little water, and we let it rest, then grate the peel from two oranges, which will serve to flavor the dough (there are who uses in lemon), and set aside it.In a bowl, beat the eggs with sugar and a little salt, at least for 4 or 5 minutes until catch whitish in colour, this will mean that they have absorbed air, so the dough will be more spongy., subsequently and stirring constantly, add the oil and milk, then flour and started to mix it with the handAdd the yeast and orange zest and continue mixing to form a mass, because at this time we had at the table and knead for at least 5 minutes following the kneading of bread system.After this period of time we stand the dough at least 2 hour at room temperature and covered with a cloth or plastic foil to yeasts continue its course and mass inflate.
- For the elaboration of the figure of the mona, in this case I have chosen the form of braid, this way I teach you how it's done so you can see that simple it is and that Nice is once finished.After having rested the dough, we take her off the bowl, put it on the worktable and fold with roll in two or three layers, to remove gas that has occurred inside. Then take some small balls of dough of about 100 gr each, these stretch them a bit and formed three cords as it stands the image, will join them at the ends and begin to braid the dough by tying shoelaces.
- When you reach the end, a gap only in one end, then it will be where you will place the egg of mona, the other end close to make the rounded tip. Subsequently, put dough on a plate of oven braids and pincelamos each of the pieces with beaten egg and sprinkle them with sugar, then introduce them into the oven that we previously heated with heat up and down at 170 Â° C for 20 to 25 minutes.After this time, remove the ribbons from the oven, let them cool a few minutes and pincelamos them with a little gelatin, then sprinkle them with the anisetes of colors, and leave to remain glued to the ground, thus giving a colorful attraction and greedy for children and adults.
Leave a review or comment