Mom's Thanksgiving Cranberry Delight
My mom loves this Cranberry dessert. If you want something different than the same old Cranberry sauce from the can this is it.
- 1 can (16 - 20 oz) Cranberry Sauce with berries
- 1 can (20 oz) crushed Pineapple, drained, keep juice (see note below)
- 1 cup chopped Pecans
- 1 pinch Salt
- 1 box Cherry Jello
- 1 cup Water
- 1 - 8 oz pkg Philadelphia Light Cream Cheese
- 1.Pour cranberry sauce and water in pan. Beat together until smooth. Bring mixture to boil. Boil for one (1) minute.
- 2. Put dry Jello and a pinch of salt into a bowl.
- 3. Pour hot mixture over Jello and stir until dissolved.
- 4. Add drained pineapple and pecans.
- 5. Pour mixture into 9 x 12 pan.
- 6. Chill until set.
- TOPPING: Beat cream cheese with pineapple juice until creamy. Spread on top.
- NOTE: Let pineapple juice drain of its own accord. Don't mash out or your topping will have to be "spooned" on when serving.
Leave a review or comment