Mom's Noodles And Cabbage Or Ham (Nudles Kapustou)
- 1 head cabbage, about 1 lb.
- 1 tsp Salt
- Noodles made from 3 Large eggs, (Recipe follows, however, I use packaged eggless noodles. I use to use the wide noodles)
- 1 sm Onion, finely minced
- 1 Tbsp. Butter
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Finely grate cabbage and mix with salt. Let stand for 10 min then squeeze liquid out. Rinse in cool water. In large skillet saute/fry onion in butter till golden brown. Add in cabbage and pepper, and saute/fry till transparent. . Cook noodles in salted water till done and strain. Rinse in water, and toss with cabbage and serve. This may be kept hot in the oven.
- Sometimes, my mother would substitute grnd up left-over ham for the cabbage to this dish. If you do this omit the salt.
Leave a review or comment