Mom's Mayonnaise CakePrep: 5 min Cook: 25-30 min Servings: 16by Denise Sherin115 recipes>
This is such an awesome chocolate cake. Mom used to make it for our birthdays and special occasions. Moist and yummy!
- 3 cups of flour
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 2 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 6 Tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 cups of water
- 1 cup of mayonnaise
- 3 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven 350
- Grease and flour a 9x13 baking pan
- Sift all dry ingredients into a large bowl.
- Add water and mayo, beat well.
- Then add vanilla and beat again.
- Pour into prepared pan and and bake 25-30 minutes till toothpick goes out clean. Careful not to overbake.
- cool and ice with your favorite frosting.
Leave a review or comment