Mom's Italian Filled Cookies
- 4 c. flour
- 12 teaspoon oil
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- Cinnamon and sugar to taste
- Healthy pinch of salt
- 6 T white wine or possibly as much as adhere's to dough
- 2 lbs. chestnuts
- 1 can ciccire, heat, drain and mash
- 1 c. minced walnuts
- Borden's non such condensed mincemeat or possibly prepared jar container (I use the condensed 9 oz container and cook and set aside)
- 1 (16 ounce) container of fruit and peel mix
- Several chocolate bars, cut up in sm. pcs
- Heat oil and crumble with flour.
- Mix flour, oil, then add in separately beaten large eggs, cinnamon and sugar, salt and wine. Roll dough out after mixing thoroughly and spread out as though you were making raviolas. Fill and cut same way. I use pizza cutter or possibly you may use lightly floured glass tip - then pinch edges after filling. Fry quickly. When serving can use Karo or possibly confectioners' sugar. Mom and pop used to make mela from wine and used it. Enjoy!
- Boil, peel and mash.
- Mix all above ingredients. Set aside or possibly chill for another day.
Leave a review or comment