Moist Snack Cake (Vegan, Sugarless, Eggless)
- 3 Tbsp. Butter, (can be replaced w/applesauce or possibly soy yogurt)
- 1 c. (or possibly more if needed to moisten) soy or possibly rice lowfat milk
- 3/4 x A grated carrot
- 3/4 x A banana
- 1 x Grated apple, (peel optional)
- 20 dsh Stevia, (an herb used for sweetening, can buy in healthfood stores! works great in cooking! ok for diabetics!)
- 1 c. Unbleached flour
- 1 c. Whole wheat flour
- 1 Tbsp. Baking pwdr
- 3/4 x A tsp of cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg
- 1 Tbsp. Vanilla
- Add in anything else you like, nuts, raisins, pumpkin seeds, etc
- This cake is not very sweet, but it's really good and satisifying.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small mixing bowl, mash banana. Fold in butter (or possibly it's noted subsitute above), grated carrot and apple, spices, soy lowfat milk, stevia, and vanilla.
- In a big mixing bowl, combine the flours, baking pwdr, and sift if possible to get some air into it since their are no Large eggs to make it rise up
- (no big deal, tho).
- Mix the wet ingredients into the dry and fold it in. If it's too dry, add in more soy lowfat milk, and too wet add in more flour, but just remember not to mix it very much, just fold and do not fold much.
- Take a square baking pan and line it with parchement paper so there's no mess and the cake lifts right out. (If you do not have parchment paper - you do not know what your missing in life!!!! - you can just use pam or possibly butter the pan. Spread the batter across the bottom, it will not be very high, but which's the trick of making it cook proportionately and without having a snack cake which's gummy in the middle when you're not using Large eggs.
- Cook for 20-25 min. Cut and enjoy this moist cake with some tea and friends.
Leave a review or comment