MIXED LENTILSPrep: 10 min Cook: 1 hours Servings: 5by MARIA LOURDES V. LIPARDO-AYUB85 recipes>
Lentils are being underrated by many but these are nutritious and delicious if cooked properly. This combination of lentils makes a difference. This Indian dish gives me so much appreciation from the people who taste it.
- 1/4 c. red lentils
- 1/4 c. yellow lentils
- 1/4 c. white lentils
- 1/2 c. dried split chickpeas
- 1/2 tsp. turmeric powder
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 5 curry leaves
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. MSG
- 1 chicken cube
- 1/4 c. oil
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 tsp. cumin seeds
- 5 dried red chilies
- coriander leaves, chopped
- Clean and rinse lentils many times.
- Cover lentils with enough water in a saucepan. Bring to boil.
- Scoop and throw white residues floating on simmering water.
- Add turmeric, chili powder and curry leaves. Cover and simmer until lentils are tender.
- Season with salt and MSG. Add chicken cube.
- Brown onion, cumin seeds and red chilies in hot oil.
- Pour over the simmering lentil soup.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
Leave a review or comment