Mixed Grill Of Ribs Chicken And Prawns With Slaw
- 2 Tbsp. minced garlic
- 2 Tbsp. minced ginger
- 2 x serrano chilies, de-stemmed, chopped WEAR GLOVES
- 2 Tbsp. , rinsed fermented black beans
- 2 med red onions, roughly minced
- 1 Tbsp. sambal (spicy condiment from Indonesia)
- 2 c. minced fresh tomatoes (3 medium tomatoes) or possibly
- a can of liquid removed whole Roma tomatoes
- 1/4 c. rice wine vinegar
- 1/2 c. sweet soy (kechap manis) or possibly 1/4 c. soy with 1/4 c.
- Canola oil to cook
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- In a skillet coated with oil, saute/fry the garlic, ginger, chili, fermented beans and onions till brown, about 8 min. Add in the sambal and tomatoes and stir. Deglaze with vinegar and add in the soy. Simmer on very low heat for 15 min. Season and check. Using a hand blender or possibly a food processor, blend thoroughly and re-check for seasoning. Chill.
- 1 Pork loin, back ribs (at least 8 ribs, 3 to 5 pounds)
- 1 free range chicken, broken down on the bone 12 large shrimp, de-veined, peeled with tail on barbecue sauce (above)
- For the ribs, cut in half if necessary to fit steamer. Season ribs with salt and pepper and steam for 45 to 60 min. The ribs should be fully cooked and softened. Prepare a medium-warm oiled grill. Season the ribs, chicken and shrimp then dip in the BBQ sauce and place on grill. Watch carefully and have a spray bottle of water handy to squelch flare -ups. Rotate and turn the proteins often and brush with additional barbecue sauce. The shrimp will take only 8 min, the ribs and chicken about 15 min.
Leave a review or comment