Mitch's Homemade Dill PicklesPrep: 30 min Cook: 5 min Servings: 1by Micheline120 recipes>
These homemade dill pickles are so tasty and easy to make. They taste much better than store bought pickles except for Mrs. White's, my favourite. You can make them spicier by adding hot peppers to the brine.
- 2 cloves garlic per jar
- 1 sprig of fresh dill per jar
- Small cucumbers (1 small basket)
- 3 cups water
- 1 cup vinegar
- 3 1/2 tbsps coarse salt
- Hot peppers (optional)
- Wash and sterilize your Mason jars (medium or quart size).
- Wash your cucumbers under running water.
- Place 2 cloves of garlic and 1 sprig of fresh dill at the bottom of each jar. If you make the spicier version, add 1/2 hot pepper, seeded to each jar.
- Pack the jars with the cucumbers. In the meantime, in a saucepan boil the following ingredients for 5 minutes: 3 cups water, 1 cup vinegar and 3 1/2 tbsps coarse salt.
- Pour this brine over the cucumbers in each jar and seal. Do not leave a headspace. Let cool and store in a dark area for a few weeks before opening. Yields 6-7 jars.
Leave a review or comment