Mini Pork Pies
- 1 TBSP cornstarch
- 1-1/4 cups chicken broth
- 2 lbs. ground pork
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/2 tsps salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/8 to 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1/8 to 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 pkg (14.1 ounces each) refrigerated pie pastry
- 1 large egg
- 2 tsp milk
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- In a small saucepan, mix cornstarch and broth until blended; bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Cook and stir 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from heat.
- In a large skillet, cook pork, garlic and seasonings over medium heat 6-8 minutes or until pork is no longer pink, breaking up pork into crumbles; drain.
- Add broth mixture; cook and stir 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Cool slightly.
- Unroll each pastry sheet.
- On a work surface, roll each into a 12-in. circle.
- Using floured round cookie cutters, cut twenty 4-in. circles and twenty 2-3/4-in. circles, rerolling scraps as needed.
- Place large circles in ungreased muffin cups, pressing pastry onto bottoms and up sides.
- Fill each with 3 tablespoons pork mixture.
- Place small circles over filling; press edges with a fork to seal.
- In a small bowl, whisk egg and milk; brush over tops.
- Cuts slits in pastry.
- Bake 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Carefully remove pies to wire racks. Serve warm.
- Freeze option: Freeze cooled pies in freezer containers. To use, partially thaw pies in refrigerator overnight. Reheat on ungreased baking sheets in a preheated 350° oven 14-17 minutes or until heated through.
Leave a review or comment