Mini Phyllo Chicken Spring RollsPrep: 20 min Cook: 20 min Servings: 10by Robyn Savoie380 recipes>
Phyllo pastry make spring rolls irresistibly light and crispy. If you like slightly spicier food, sprinkle them with a little cayenne pepper before serving.
- 1 Small Green Chili
- 1/2 Cup Vegetable Oil
- 1 Small Onion, Minced
- 1 Clove Garlic, Minced
- 3 Oz. Cooked Chicken Breast
- 1 Small Carrot, Shredded
- 1 Scallion, Finely Sliced
- 1 Small Red Bell Pepper, Cut Into 1-Inch Matchsticks
- 1 Oz.. Bean Sprouts
- 1 Tsp. Sesame Oil
- 4 Large Phyllo Pastry Sheets
- 1 Small Egg White, Lightly Beaten
- 3 - 4 Sprigs Fresh Chive
- 3 Tbsp. Soy Sauce, To Serve
- Carefully remove the seeds from the chili and chop finely, wearing rubber gloves to protect your hands, if necessary.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of the vegetable oil in a preheated wok. Add the onion, garlic and chili and stir-fry for 1 minute.
- Dice the chicken breast very fine, then add to the wok and fry over high heat, stirring constantly, until browned.
- Add the carrot, scallion and red bell pepper and stir-fry for 2 minutes. Add the the bean sprouts, stir in the sesame oil and let cool.
- Cut each sheet of phyllo pastry into 5 short strips. Place a small amount of filling at one end of each strip, then fold in the long sides and roll up the pastry. Seal and glaze the rolls with the egg white, then chill, uncovered, for 15 minutes before frying.
- Wipe the wok with paper towel, reheat it and add the remaining vegetable oil. When the oil is hot, fry the rolls in batches until crisp and golden brown. Drain on paper towel and serve, garnished with chives, if using, and dipped in soy sauce.
- Yield: 20 Rolls
Leave a review or comment