I made a Minestrone Soup that came with the Wolfgang Puck Pressure Cooker.Note: if you do not have a pressure cooker, one of my friends made this on the stove and turned out wonderful she said! I think it's better than other Minestrone soups that I've tasted in restaurants. I've done several variations to this recipe: sometimes I slice the baby carrots,used both pancetta and bacon but not together. I've used all variations in the liquid, I prefer the white wine myself! A little more savory and depth to it! love the fresh Thyme in this recipe, it's one of my favorite herbs this year! And to top it off! Try dropping a teaspoon of fresh pesto and some olive oil in each bowl of soup right before serving...IT'S SOOO YUMMY! Even if your not a fan of Pesto, it's a MUST TRY!:) I hope you will Enjoy!:)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 slices pancetta (or bacon),chopped
- 2 stalks celery,thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup baby carrots (sometimes,I slice them)
- 2 small potatoes,cubed
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes in juice
- 4 cups liquid (white wine,stock or water)
- 1/2 cup dried great northern beans, washed
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme
- salt and pepper
- 1 medium zucchini, halved and sliced
- 1/2 cups small pasta shells
- 1. Select Soup function. Add oil to cooking pot. When oil is hot, add onion and pancetta. Cook, uncovered,until brown.
- 2. Add all remaining ingredients, except for spinach, squash, and pasta.
- 3. Lock lid in place. Select Soup function again, and set timer for 30 minutes.
- 4.When cooking cycle is complete and all pressure is released, open lid.
- 5.Add spinach,zucchini and pasta.
- 6.Lock lid in place. Select Vegetable function, and set timer for 5 minutes.
- 7. When cooking cycle is complete and all pressure is released, open lid. Taste for seasoning before serving
- This low-calorie and low-fat soup is wonderful hot or cold. Try dropping a teaspoon of fresh pesto and some olive oil in each bowl of soup right before serving.
- Recipe courtesy Debra Murray, Wolfgang Puck HSN Host hsn.com
Leave a review or comment