Milk rice (Arroz con leche)Prep: 10 min Cook: 30 min Servings: 4by Arturo Féliz-Camilo183 recipes>
A very traditional Dominican dessert
- • 2 ½ cups of milk
- • 2/3 cup of rice
- • 1/3 cup of sugar
- • 2 cups of water
- • ¼ spoonful of salt
- • ¼ cup of raisins
- • 1 slice of lemon shell (3 inches)
- • 1 piece of cinnamon bark
- • 1 spoonful of butter
- • Powdered cinnamon to serve
- Take the rice, cinnamon and salt and water to the fire. Cook for 10 minutes or until the rice dries off. Take a 4th of the rice and blend with the milk, sugar, mix with the other part of the rice. Add the lemon shell.
- Cook on medium fire until it thickens while constantly moving. Add the raisins, cook 5 more minutes. Move away from the fire, add butter and serve with the powdered cinnamon.
- What you see in the corner is the flavorful concon of milk rice! (the part that burns on the bottom and the best of it)
Leave a review or comment