Middle Eastern Pizza On The Grill
- One Recipe Middle Eastern Flatbread dough
- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil up to 3
- 1/2 lb lean grnd beef
- 1/4 c. parsley chopped
- 2 tsp red pepper sauce Or possibly warm sauce
- 1/2 c. onion grated
- 1 Tbsp. tomato paste
- 1/4 c. canned tomatoes chopped finely
- 1/2 tsp grnd cumin salt and pepper to taste
- 1 pch cayenne
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1 pch cinnamon
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar Or possibly pomegranate molasses (Cortas is good)
- In a skillet, brown the meat in the oil. Stir in parsley and onion and allow onions to soften. Add in remaining ingredients. Adjust seasonings. Pre-heat grill to "Medium".
- Prepare dough in very thin 8 inch rounds. Smear with a touch of extra virgin olive oil. Cover rounds and let rest five min. Spread a portion of filling on top of each.
- To bake, start on a cookie sheet then transfer directly to grill. Baking could take as little as 3 to 5 min depending on thickness. Keep an eye on them.
- This variation makes for a spicy, mildly meaty spread which turns a small flatbread into something special. Middle Eastern spice stores have all the spices you need. Substitutions are noted. These can be made in advance and reheated. The topping should be applied modestly.
Leave a review or comment