Mexican Spinach And Cheese Pie
- 4 x Matzos, to 5
- 1/2 c. Peanut oil
- 6 pkt Frzn spinach, minced
- 2 x Onions, minced
- 3 x Cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 x Serrano pepper, minced Salt and freshly grnd black pepper, to taste
- 4 x Large eggs, beaten well
- 2 c. Shredded mozzarella cheese
- Soak matzos in hot water till soft; squeeze dry. Oil a 9x12 baking pan and layer matzos in bottom. Wash well, briefly blanch and squeeze water out of spinach. Chop fine. In a frying pan, saute/fry onio ns and garlic lightly in remaining peanut oil. Add in peppers, spinach and salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook till flavors meld. Cold and pour into matzo-lined pan. Add in Large eggs and 1 c. cheese. Mix well. Po ur over spinach and sprinkle remaining cheese on top. Bake in 250F oven 15-20 min.
Leave a review or comment