Mexican Chicken Casserole
- 1 (12 count pkg.) thick corn tortillas
- 2 chicken breasts cooked and shredded, with juice reserved from cooking
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 pound Jack cheese or possibly 1/2 pound Jack cheese and 1/2 pound Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 to 1 full bottle green salsa (season to personal preference)
- 1 sm. can corn
- There are two ways to prepare this recipe. Each is wonderful. You may want to try each and choose your favorite.
- First Method: Mix soups, cheese, salsa, corn and chicken juice. Spread small amount on bottom of greased 9 x 13 inch pan. Shred tortillas, lay on bottom of dish. Next layer chicken, pour remaining soup mix over chicken and tortillas. Cover with foil. Chill overnight. Bake at 325 degrees for 1 hour.
- Second Method: Mix soups, cheese, salsa, chicken juice, chicken and shredded tortillas (omit corn). Bake at 325 degrees for 1 hour. No need for refrigeration.
Leave a review or comment