Mexican Black Bean and Corn SaladPrep: 10 min Cook: 4 hours Servings: 10by Denise Sherin115 recipes>
This is a great side dish for picnics and outdoor parties since there is no mayo in it. The cilantro, fresh garlic and lime juice really bring a crisp freshness to this salad/ salsa. It's great on it's own but its also wonderful with fish tacos or as a salsa with corn chips... great over eggs or in an omelet. Cook time refers to marinating time!
- 1 - 15 oz can of corn or 2 cups of grilled corn (if you have the time)
- 1 - 15 oz can of black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 - tomatoes, chopped
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, minced (more if you like)
- 1 - red onion, fine dice (half if its a very large onion)
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 2 Tbsp white vinegar
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- Juice of one lime
- Lime zest to taste
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp cumin, more if you like
- In a large bowl mix drained corn, black beans, tomatoes, garlic, onion and cilantro.
- In a medium bowl whisk together the vinaigrette dressing ingredients.
- Pour over corn mixture and stir well. Adjust seasonings to taste and let marinate for at least 4 hours, overnight is better!
Leave a review or comment