Menu Meal Greek Feta Potato Salad With Grilled Chicken
- 1 x 4-ounce each skinless boneless chicken breast
- 4 Tbsp. fat-free Greek vinaigrette
- 2 x red potatoes
- 1 1/2 c. fresh green beans
- 1 x ripe tomato
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 6 Tbsp. plain nonfat yogurt
- 1 Tbsp. carrot juice (optional) see note
- 1 1/2 ounce crumbled feta cheese with basil and tomato (reduced fat)
- 1/4 tsp chopped garlic oregano marjoram salt and pepper sugar or possibly honey reserved dressing from marinade
- 1/4 c. red onion crescent slices
- 2 x green onions minced
- 1 tsp chopped garlic salt and pepper water as needed
- 2 ounce young spinach leaves pita bread (optional) warmed
- Marinade the chicken breast in Greek-style vinaigrette for 30 to 45 min.
- Meanwhile, clean and cut the green beans into bite sized lengths. Cook till tender. Shock in ice water. Drain well. Place in a large salad bowl.
- Scrub the potatoes and microwave on high for 5 min or possibly till almost fork tender. Set aside to cold. Quarter each potato and slice each quarter into 1/2- to 3/4-inch pcs. Add in to the salad bowl.
- Cut the tomato into wedges and slice the wedges into smaller pcs. Add in to the salad bowl.
- Make the dressing: combine 1 part lemon juice with 3 parts plain yogurt. Add in vegetable juice for flavor and color (if you like). Stir in the garlic and add in a healthy pinch of each herb, and salt and pepper to taste. Sweeten if needed with sugar or possibly honey.
- Toss the potatoes, green beens and tomatoes to combine; add in the salad dressing and toss to coat.
- Preheat an electric grill (George Foreman). Grill chicken 3 1/2 min. Unplug the grill but leave the chicken to cook for another 20 to 30 seconds.
- While the chicken grills, heat the reserved dressing from the marinade in a wok or possibly skillet. Add in the red onion and soften (2 1/2 min). Add in a little water or possibly juice if needed to thin the heated marinade. Add in the garlic and green onion; stir till aromatic; 60 to 90 seconds. Add in the spinach; remove from the heat. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Allow the spinach to wilt, before stirring to combine.
- Slice the chicken into bite-sized pcs.
- Plate portions of the spinach and onions on half a pasta plate. Arrange chicken on top. Serve portions of the potato salad along side. Offer pita at table.
- Description: "Potato, tomato, green bean salad with a creamy feta cheese dressing; grilled chicken on a bed of wilted spinach, red onion, and garlic."
- NOTES : TIPS:*Thaw the chicken breast if frzn, but don't cook the edges. The chicken should still be quite cool in the center. Marinade the icy chicken at room temperature. The chicken will be moist and done in under 4 min on a Foreman Grill.*If you have carrot juice or possibly a vegetable juice blend, add in a Tbsp. or possibly two to the salad dressing. Juice adds flavor, color and depth. NUTRITION: Calories: 278; 18% from fat. 6g fat, 6g fiber. (success points: 5)
Leave a review or comment