Melt In Your Mouth Peanut Butter CookiesPrep: 15 min Cook: 12 to 15 min Servings: 67by Cindi M Bauer7 recipes>
My all time favorite peanut butter cookie! I freeze the cookies, then take out what I want to eat.
- 1 cup Crisco All-Vegetable Shortening
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter (See *Note)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour, sifted
- 3 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- In a bowl cream together, the shortening, peanut butter, granulated sugar and powdered sugar.
- Beat in eggs and vanilla extract.
- Add the sifted flour, baking soda and salt. Then gradually add to the creamy mixture. Beat well.
- Using a teaspoon, drop cookie dough onto ungreased cookie sheet.
- Flatten cookie dough with a floured fork, and bake in a 350°F oven for 12 to 15 minutes.
- Remove cookie sheet from oven, and place cookies on a cooling rack to allow cookies to cool completely.
- *Note: When I made these cookies, I didn’t have regular peanut butter, but I did have a jar of Kroger’s Honey Creamy Roasted Peanut Butter Spread, as well as, a jar of Kroger’s Honey Crunchy Roasted Peanut Butter. So I used a bit of each in the cookies. Also, I did refrigerate the cookie dough for an hour or two, before placing the cookie dough on baking sheets. I also baked my cookies on Pampered Chef Baking Stones.
Leave a review or comment