Mee Siam Kuah/Gravy (Vegetarian)Prep: 30 min Cook: 45 min Servings: 3by Navaneetham Krishnan370 recipes>
spicy, salty and tangy and a simplified version.
- For the kuah/gravy
- 10 dried red chillies
- 5 shallots
- 1 tbsp taucheo/fermented soy paste
- 5 garlic
- 1 lemongrass (add if you have, otherwise omit)
- blend/pound/process to a paste
- Rice noodles or any other you like - as needed (blanch to soften)
- Tofu pok/white soft tofu - cut into pieces
- Boiled eggs (omit if you are a pure vegetarian)
- Bean sprouts - pour hot water over and quickly blanch.
- Sawi/Chinese mustard leafy veg - pour hot water over and quickly blanch.
- Spring onion - as needed (slice thinly)
- Calamansi lime - as needed
- 3 tbsp oil
- Salt - as needed (use sparingly because taucheo is salty)
- In heated oil, fry gravy paste till aromatic and oil splits.
- Pour enough water.
- Season with salt.
- Simmer to a boiling point.
- Keep it simmering.
- Assemble noodles with tofu, bean sprouts, egg(s) and spring
- Pour gravy over and serve with calamansi lime.
- Optional - top with sliced red chillies.
Leave a review or comment