Mediterranean semolina cakePrep: 15 min Cook: 35 min Servings: 10by Easy Cook - Laka kuharica501 recipes>
Flavorful, sticky, moist and easy to make.
- 180g sugar
- 5 eggs
- 220ml yoghurt
- Zest 1 lemon
- Zest 1 orange
- 225g almonds, finely ground (almond meal)
- 200g semolina
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 200ml olive oil
- 1 handful almonds, peeled, chopped
- 1 handful raisins
- 2-3 tbs dry cranberries
- 100ml honey
- Juice of 1 orange
- In a mixer, whisk the eggs and sugar until thick and pale in colour. Add the yoghurt and zest of the citrus.
- Gradually add all the dry ingredients and combined well.
- Incorporate the olive oil and mix.
- Pour into the round baking tin (ø20-23cm) lined with baking paper (or use a silicone round mold for cakes) and bake for 35 minutes at 180°C (160°C fan) or if pierced with a skewer it comes out clean.
- Remove cake from the oven and pierce all over with a skewer.
- Pour the syrup all over the cake and cool slightly before serving.
- Add almonds, raisins, cranberries, honey and orange juice to a pot and bring to the boil. Cook for 1 - 2 minutes.
Leave a review or comment