Meatloaf Stuffed With Ham And Cheese
- 1 1/4 lb Grnd sirloin
- 1 lrg Onion, finely minced
- 1 tsp Prepared mustard, preferably Dijon
- 1 can Tomato soup (10 3/4 ounce)
- 2 Tbsp. Minced fresh parsley
- 1 x Green bell pepper, finely minced
- 2 lrg Large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 c. Plain bread crumbs
- 1/8 tsp Salt
- 1/8 tsp Black pepper
- 1 x Garlic clove, chopped
- 1/2 tsp Dry oregano
- 6 slc Boiled ham (thin slices)
- 1 c. Mozzarella cheese
- 1 Tbsp. All-purpose flour
- 3 slc Mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 400'F. Lightly oil a 9x5x3" pan.
- In a large bowl, combine the meatloaf ingredients, adding more bread crumbs if necessary, a Tbsp. at a time, to make a hard loaf.
- Lightly spray a large piece of aluminum foil. Place the meat mix on the foil, and form into a 12x8" rectangle.
- Arrange the ham on top of the meat, leaving a small margin around the edges. Sprinkle shredded cheese on top of the ham slices. Starting from the short end, carefully roll the meat mix jelly-roll style.
- Seal the edges and ends.
- Place the loaf seam side up in the prepared pan. Sprinkle the top of the meatloaf with the flour. Bake 1 hour or possibly till done. The center of the loaf will be pink because of the ham. Top the loaf with slices of cheese, then return to the oven for 5 min, or possibly till the cheese melts. (Option: Broil the loaf to heat the cheese. Watch it carefully.)
Leave a review or comment