Mashed-Potato Stuffed Chicken BreastPrep: 15 min Cook: 45 min Servings: 4by Robyn Savoie381 recipes>
Turn your chicken breasts into a meal with a mashed potato stuffing. Serve with steamed broccoli or green beans and your done.
- 2 Medium Baking Potatoes, Peeled & Cubed
- 1/4 Cup Milk
- 4 Tbsp. Butter
- 1 Medium Lemon, Zested & Juiced
- 1/4 Tsp. Salt
- 1/8 Tsp. Ground Black Pepper
- 4 Each Bone-In Chicken Breast Halves
- 1 Tbsp. Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 Tbsp. Fresh Parsley, Chopped or 2 Tsp. Dried
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In medium saucepan, bring the potatoes and enough water to cover to a boil. Lower the heat and simmer until the potatoes are fork-tender, about 15 minutes. Drain, then return the potatoes to the pot. Add the milk, 2 tablespoons butter and lemon peel and mash until smooth.
- Season with salt and pepper. Transfer the potatoes to a work surface, flatten into an even round an cut into quarters.
- Run your fingers under the skin of each chicken breast to separate it form the meat. Place one-quarter of the potato mixture under the skin of each chicken breast; gently pressing to evenly distribute.
- Place the stuffed chicken in a roasting pan. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Bake until tender and the juices run clear, about 40 minutes.
- Transfer chicken to a serving platter. Stir the lemon juice, parsley and remaining 2 tablespoons butter into the pan juice, scraping up any browned bits from the bottom. Spoon the sauce over the chicken and serve.
Leave a review or comment