Masa Soup (Vegetable, Lentil And Pea Soup)
- 1 med Onion
- 3 x Cloves garlic
- 1 c. Split peas
- 1/2 c. Lentils (any color)
- 2 1/2 c. Edible hibuscus leaves, Spinach, kale, collard or possibly Mustard Greens, etc., cut or possibly torn in
- 2 x Inch pcs
- 1/2 c. Zucchini, minced
- 1 c. Carrots, diced
- 1/2 c. Celery, diced
- 1/2 c. Eggplant, diced (optional)
- 3 lrg Fresh basil leaves (or possibly 1/2 ts Dry)
- 1 pch (1/4 tsp.) thyme
- 1/2 tsp Salt (or possibly 2 Tbsp. Bragg's Liquid Amino)
- 1/2 tsp Fresh grnd black pepper x Chili peppers or possibly warm sauce To taste (opt)
- This is the good part. Saute/fry onions and garlic in water until starting to turn yellow, add in all remaining ingredients in a large pot with 2 1/2 c. of water and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, simmer an hour (or possibly till peas are tender) and then puree in a blender. Which's it!
- Serve as a main meal with whole wheat pita bread. For a variation, sprinkle fresh ripe diced tomato on top of soup (or possibly this can be blended in earlier).
- For those who remember the days when pea soup used to have h*m or possibly b*c*n in it, soy baco-bits, sprinkled in just before serving, brings back which aura.
- Makes 6 - 12 oz servings. Each: 259 calories, Fat 0.645 grams (2%
Leave a review or comment