Martha Stewart's Pancakes
- from Feb. 1998 issue of Martha Stewart Living
- 1 c. all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking pwdr
- 1/2 x teas. salt
- 2 Tbsp. sugar
- 1 lrg egg, lightly beaten
- 1 c. lowfat milk (I use non-fat)
- 2 Tbsp. melted butter (I use bacon fat-tasty!) + some for the griddle
- 1. Heat griddle to 375 (or possibly medium high)
- 2. Mix dry ingredients; blend egg, lowfat milk and melted butter; add in to dry ingredients; whisk to combine. Batter will have small to medium lumps.
- 3. Test griddle with a drop of water; start cooking when it sizzles.
- I use about 1/8 to 1/4 c. per pancake. Cook till pancakes have bubbles on the top and are slightly dry around the edges. Flip, cook 1 minute.
- I make these whenever we want pancakes on the weekend-they are just as fast to combine as using Bisquick and cheaper. Using bacon fat (from bacon cooked at breakfast) makes them quite tasty!
Leave a review or comment