Marinated Red OnionPrep: 10 min Cook: 30 min Servings: 1by Jeremy Cheng4 recipes>
- 1 Red Onion
- 2 limes
- kosher salt
- Cut onion in half width wise, remove the skin, then slice very thin. (approx 1/8"-use a mandoline if available)
- Lay out the onions in a nonreactive container
- Season onions with salt and juice of two limes.
- Mix until well incorporated.
- Let the onions sit for about 1/2 hour to marinate.
- When onions are ready, they will be a beautiful deep pink color.
Leave a review or comment